Tuesday 24 September 2013

Hair extension care advice

Hi guys,

So today I thought I would talk about how my hair extensions are doing and updating you on the hair care i'm doing and what changes have been their since. So I had my hair done 2 weeks ago and I have washed it 3 times in that time. I have dyed my hair since and will have to do it again also, but that's just a problem with my hair not matching properly to my extensions. 

So what to do:
  • Before you have your extensions put in you should go to the place your wanting them done and have a hair match, a trim, color if needed and to figure out what length your wanting to go.
  • Before you have your extensions put in you should buy a hair extension brush (bristle brush) and some good shampoo & conditioner, preferably the non-conditioning type. If you do have dry hair from colorants etc, then do a hair mask every second wash but don't leave it on for too long. (around 3 mins)
  • Try not to wash your hair more than twice a week, my advice would be to buy a dry shampoo spray for in between.
  • Make sure you dry your hair right away if it gets wet near or on the bonds. 
  • If you do use styling tools then just remember its real hair and you can dry, straighten, curl etc the same as you would your own, but the hair will get damaged so still use heat sprays and use a good oil only on the ends of your hair after. 
  • When going to bed it's better to put your hair in a braid to prevent your extensions getting notty
  • If you go swimming then make sure you either don't get your hair wet or wear a swim cap. As you don't want the chemicals to get on your hair extensions or your bonds.
  • When you are wanting them taken out make sure you always go back to the stylist don't do them yourself.
  • Be careful when using heated tools to not touch the glue as it will melt it
Remember that i am not a professional by any means these are just the things i do with mine. Plus if you do have any questions remember that's what your stylist is there for and they are there to help and give you advice.

Hope this helped guys,

Love Christina xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts