Sunday 8 September 2013

Why i'm starting college...

Hi Guys,

So today i am starting a college course at the Dearne Valley College, and its a Beauty Therapy Level 2 course. It's a year long and at the end of it i will have a diploma in beauty therapy so i could start work in a salon, be self employed etc. There is 6 key units in the course which are:

  • Health & Safety 
  • Salon reception duties, i already have experience in this as i have worked in two salons before but just as the receptionist but i haven't got a choice in doing it ha ha.
  • Facial, Make up & Eye treatments
  • Waxing treatments (ouch)
  • Manicure, Pedicure & Nail Enhancements
  • Skills week activities which is when someone comes in and you learn how to do ear piercing, spray tanning etc, that was just an example given and i don't know if we will actually do that ha ha.
Then through the course you are assessed and you have to do assignments of both physical and non physical, put together a portfolio of evidence and do units and tests.

After the course you can follow on and do a Level 3 course of beauty therapy, body and spa course or nail tech. I think after the course is finished i will go on to do all of them and i will also be interested in doing my hairdressing as well. Just because i love all of them things and i would love to be able to do them professionally as a career.

The reason im starting college now and didn't back when I finished school is because I know what I want to do with my future now and back then I didn't I just wanted any job there was and to get some money. You can't expect yourself at 15/16 year old to know your future you change and your environment changes etc etc... and I am a lot older now and it is my hobby. I have been into makeup for years now and I learnt what I know now from you tube videos  I used to watch Kandee Johnsons tutorials everyday again and again and she inspired me that you can do whatever you want in life and it doesn't matter what anybody thinks or says.

But I thought I would share this with you maybe because your interested in starting a beauty course and wanted an inset. Or your confused about what you want to do in life. It's never to late to do anything especially nowadays. Never live in regret and do what makes you happy

Thanks for reading and I hope maybe this helped some of you,

Love Christina xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts